Blaze. Flare. Glare. Gleam. Glow. Illuminated. Luminous. Radiant. Shine. Flash. Glimmer. Moonlight. Sunshine. Aurora. Ray. Sunbeam. Reflection. Beacon. Luminary. Dawn. Daybreak. Sunrise. Feathery. Twilight (but not the vampires…) Weightless. Insubstantial. Fragile. Slight. Relieved of a burden.
Whether your interpretation of involves your choice of technique or subject matter, Flourish Gallery wants to see your Light.
Accepting applications in all media for display consideration in our Light themed special exhibit. This is an open exhibition and Visual, Literary, and Performing Artists of all ages and skill levels are invited to apply.
Exhibition Dates: April 10, 2020 – May 23, 2020
Deadline to enter: March 15, 2020
Artist Notification: March 21, 2020
Shipping deadline of work to Flourish Gallery: must arrive by April 1, 2020
Hand deliver work to Flourish Gallery: April 1 & 2, 2020, from 2pm – 6pm
Opening Reception: April 10, 2020, 6pm – 8pm
Pick up unsold work from Flourish Gallery: May 27 & 28, 2020, from 2pm – 6pm
- Open to all artists.
- Artwork cannot have been previously exhibited at Flourish Gallery.
- Accepted artwork that differs significantly from image in online submission will be disqualified.
- No accepted entry may be withdrawn or sold outside of the exhibition prior to the closing date.
- All artwork must be ready to hang.
- No sawtooth hangers; artworks must have wire installed to hang.
- Pedestals or shelves are available for three-dimensional work.
- Art must be available for display from April 10, 2020 – May 28, 2020.
There is no fee to exhibit in our Light Exhibition.
Flourish Gallery handles all sales transactions. The artist agrees that the price submitted on the application form will be the price that the work will be sold for and may not change after submission. Please note, all sales will have a 20% commission fee to the gallery. Artists will receive 80% of the price listed on their application.
The artist is responsible to pay for all shipping and should have a prepaid label from FedEx or UPS (No US Mail) for the return of artwork. Please mark the outside of your box with your last name in bold letters also please use blue painters tape when you wrap your artwork inside the box.
- Please refer to this link when packing your work. https://www.fedex.com/downloads/howtopack/HowToPack_EMEA_eng_final_Feb23_2010.pdf
Application Requirements: Applicants must apply using the form on the Flourish Gallery / Martinsville Arts Council website, https://martinsvillearts.org/call-to-artists. or use the button below.